Thursday, May 12, 2011

Foolish Me

How foolish I've been
To think that something between us could begin
You've been hurt in the past
Well so have I;
But since life goes fast
The pain quickly subsides.
Mind games, so many find easy to play
But the heart, for some, is what gets in the way.
My heart's door can't easily be closed as it can for you
But you can trust that what it holds for you is true.
As the time moves on, for one, the feelings grow strong
It's just a shame when they're not returned and they can't be undone.
A new adventure for me awaits in the midst
For his feelings he just won't admit.
I can see them there when we touch
But when it's all over - the truth is -
It really wasn't that much!
Just a small glimpse of what could be
In actuality- we could have lived happily.
A man's heart is sometimes hard to get
When he's been jaded, and is filled with so many regrets
Because it's just too much to take on -
I'll pick up my heart and move it along.
sanchez 7.6.06

No comments:

Post a Comment