Saturday, February 15, 2014

Ever have *those* days...

Ever have those days when you are filled with sooo many emotions and you really don't know how to cope.The feelings come from several places, not on specific and you just don't know how to handle it much less what to think about them?
It's been like that for me today (yesterday) and actually the past several days.
So many changes. I don't even know where to begin. Mostly it's contentment, I think.
I am really focused on my educational path...although, yes, my procrastination gets in the way, I always pull it together when it's time. I work better under the pressure, but I seriously need to work on it! Gettin' there.
My heart has been so full lately. I really do honestly feel filled with the holy spirit. The night at the begging of the year I chose to go to church for special anointing, I have been filled. I felt/feel God's presence. So much emptiness I had been feeling with the loss of both of my grandmothers, dad's mini stroke (undiagnosed-but I really believe that's what it was), Tyler leaving home, and then later the loss of my uncle. Through the losses and changes, I have been readily able to see past that and truly count my blessings. I am so very thankful for the family God loaned me. For the friends I have, new and old. *smile*
So much has gone on, so much has changed. But realizing that it's ever present and evolving makes the transition that much smoother. Changes are expected, some for the better and some for the worse...so we think, but it is God who is just making way for something better. So why not go with it.
Today, my son sent me a pic of his diploma. It brought tears and so much joy to my heart and gave me such a peace of mind. My biggest worry with the move he made was that he wouldn't finish. I'll admit I had my doubts. Although he sees that I just lost faith in him, I think he can see now that I was only pushing him. It caused waves, but today, I'll take it. He graduated. I want to say it was in part due to my pushing and being that overbearing mother, but he may not see it. I know he hadn't in the past. I am convinced he does now. I am so proud of him, don't think he will ever realize just how much. My heart was ready to burst. I love him and miss him dearly, but know he has to be his own person. His own man. Thankfully we all (my children included) were brought up in a Christian based belief and upbringing. I know he will do just fine. He's proving himself daily. Can't wait to celebrate with him.
Myra has senior serve coming up later today...it's awesome. So thankful we can experience it together. Seniors giving back to their parents and family. Wish Ty was here to experience it, but such is life. I can't express how proud I am of her as well. All 3 have had to overcome so many obstacles and not even realized it. I have tried to not make it such a big worry but rather teach them to be grateful for what was and is. Struggles and obstacles are teaching us to stand firmly in our belief and move forward. Make the best of any given situation and just push through it. They have and they continue to do so.
My mind is swirling as is my heart. I'll have to continue tomorrow or you know, soon. :)
procrastination is a b..... lol.
But I know I am rambling now. Ahhhh!!!! Welcome again to my world. This is how it is all too often in my mind...my world. Come and experience the craziness with me... just for a spell. lol... until next time, babble on!
sas
(to be edited at a later time)

2 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on with you, friend. And yet, you always manage to just do what you need to do to get it done. I admire you very much for that. You keep doing what you do and everything will work out. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gracias, amiga!!! love you, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete